Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

State of the Union 2012

I know, I know. Why on earth am I posting about the State of the Union? A few reasons. It's important. As a child, ages 5-18, we always talked about it in some way shape or form in school.  I'm a Social Studies, History geek. It's important. Whether you "like" or "dislike" the President, he had some good points. It's important. Have I said that enough? Alright you get the point. I'll spare you my personal thoughts on the actual address, but I did watch the whole thing and I did listen. But there are some things that you may find of use for discussions on the State of the Union.
The White House website contains the entire video of the address. You can even download the video.  Also on the White house website there is a print copy of the President's address.  The NY Times has also put together a play by play of the address. You'll be able to search through a list of topics and find the corresponding video segment that goes with it. 

(Image created using Tagxedo. I took the words of the address, copy and paste them into Tagxedo, chose the US as a shape and there you go. An instant word cloud that shows the most commonly used words in bold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment